Welcome to Department of Mechanical-Mechatronics Engineering
The LNMIIT Getting 1st Water Conservation Award from CII-IGBC by the effort of Dr. Kamal Kishore Khatri and his team
The main aim of the department of Mechanical-Mechatronics Engineering (MME) is to provide the students with a broad base understanding of mechanical engineering and advanced knowledge in fields like mechatronics, automobile, computer integrated and advanced manufacturing, Nano-technology, etc. The graduates of department can pursue various career options like design, production, development, sales, research, management or maintenance. The graduates of the department will be employable in a wide variety of organizations in India and Abroad in industries such as: Aerospace industry, Automotive industry, Biomedical Engineering, Business and Management, Construction, Product development, Education, Energy engineering, Manufacturing and automation, Marine engineering, Mining, and Research and Development.
The MME Department offers B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and PhD programmes (as of now, although more programmes are in the planning stage). The MME team consists of young and energetic faculty members having adequate academic and industrial experience.
The vision of the MME Department:
The Department of MME endeavours to be recognised globally for outstanding education and research; transforming the students of the department into highly motivated and cultured engineers, technologists, researchers and entrepreneurs who will contribute to uplift the society in collaboration with industry and academia.
The mission of the MME Department:
- To impart premier quality education to the students to build their capabilities and enhance their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- To maintain state of the art research facilities, to provide a collaborative environment that stimulates students and staff with opportunities to create, analyze, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- To develop collaboration with world-class R&D organisations, educational institutions, industry and alumni for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
- To provide the students with an academic environment of excellence, leadership, ethical guidelines and lifelong learning needed for a long, productive career.
- Graduates will recognise that they have obtained a high quality and rigorous technical education that is enriched by a flexible curriculum and research opportunities.
- Graduates will have applied their education to pursue successful career paths in Mechanical Engineering or an allied profession.
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management in India and Abroad.