Library Rules and Regulations
- The entry will be restricted to Identity card holders only.
- Users should must make entry in the respective register placed at Guard’s table.
- Users will be not allowed to bring the issued books inside the library. However, they will be permitted, if they wish to Re-Issue/ Return the book on same day during Issue/Return timing.
- Personal books/printed reading materials, issued books (except return/re-issue purpose) are not allowed inside the library. (It may be allowed only during exam preparation timings).
- The readers are requested to keep their personal belongings at the entrance of the library. Users are responsible for the same.
- Using mobile phone inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- Bags, hand bags are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Users are not allowed to take their laptops or any other gadget items in the Digital Library/Multimedia section.
- If the book due date falls on a holiday for the library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- New fine rules are framed which are currently in use for the overdue books.
- The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his/her identity card.
- Reference books, Newspaper and Magazines/Journals should not be taken out of the library.
- Absence from the institute will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Any kind of damage of library materials (marking, underlying, and clipping of books) is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the library and shall be required to replace it or pay the value+20% thereof.
- Under special circumstances, the librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- If any user found violating the rules of library a strict action will be taken against him/her.
Conduct of Library users:
- The Library is to be used for the purpose of academic study and research and for the consultation of subject and other related material. Everyone on the library shall respect the rights of other users.
- Anyone using the library shall identify himself on request from any member of the library staff. Silence must be strictly observed both by the users in the reading and reference zones of the library.
- Users are not permitted to smoke, consume food or drink in the library.
- No one shall reserve a working place in the library by leaving library material or personal property on a reading table.
- Every user must return the books/journals in its original place after its use has been served.
- The library is not responsible for any loss of any personal property brought into the library.